Thursday, February 13, 2014

First meeting with the clients

Exhausted from doing nothing for such a long time, we were looking forward to finally meeting our clients. One should not wait too long with the first meeting - who knows what the Indian roads have prepared for us. On the other hand, I had mixed feelings about having to wear business clothes again.

First, the clients introduced themselves. There are four partners:
  • Bharti Foundation (they provide education to underprivileged children)
  • Ludiana Steel Rolling Mills (they would like to provide education to wifes and girl children of the workers)
  • Punjab Agricultural University (this is my team)
  • Swabhimaan Foundation (they also provide education to underprivileged children)
It was amazing to see that companies and people who have achieved a lot are looking to give something back to their community, and we, of course, would like to support them in that endeavor. We did introduce ourselves as well. I know that I am looking in the camera "the Russian way", but I did talk eventually.
After some breakout sessions where we talked about the scope (yes, I made smart comments, too), we went for dinner. First, we had to cross the street - and this, of course, was an adventure as always.



The place we choose (or rather, our local consultant Jaspreet chose), was Yellow Chilli. It is run by a famous Indian chef Sanjeev Kapoor. For some reason, I keep calling this place Yellow Chicken. The food is, nevertheless, delicious (and yet very spicy)!


P.S. I still hold by my promise to have a separate post about food, which will most certainly contain very little text and therefore mostly pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment